Saturday, September 27, 2014

Welcome!

Hello to all my fellow St. Louis cake hunters, or maybe for those who even just stumbled upon this new blog.  My husband and I moved to St. Louis in the middle of July, and I instantly became enchanted with the various cakes located around the city.  After spotting a few, I realized this could be the start of a huge project.  Then, after visiting the History Museum's exhibit on St. Louis' 250th birthday, I just knew I had to try my best to find all the cakes in (or near) the city that I could!  I know that I'm starting this project with only half the year to go (and the blog, much later,) but I'm fairly determined and I'm hoping to find a solid number of cakes before the year is through.  So far I have found 74 cakes. I'll be catching up with my finds as the days and weeks go on.  I tend to find the cakes in large clumps, to help save on gas and time, so I can never promise that all of my pictures and information will be posted on the day that I find a cake, but I will do my best!  I love that I get a chance to explore my new city in such a fun way, and learn a lot in the process!

For more information of this project, visit www.stl250.org/cake.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Lou, Cassie! It's great that you were able to find a lot of cakes at this point! I didn't look but I hope you were able to get the Busch Stadium one before it was displaced. Just out of curiousity, where did you move from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We are still hoping to find all of the cakes before the end of the year, except sadly not the Busch Stadium one because even though we were at a game at the end of August it was already too late for that one. We moved from Cedarburg, Wisconsin. a suburb north of Milwaukee.

      Delete