Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cake 16- Francis Field

Found July 28, 2014

Disclaimer: I am a huge Olympic nerd, so finding this cake was a huge deal to me.  I really huge deal.  When the Olympics are on, I eat, sleep, and breathe Olympics.


On a beautiful Monday afternoon, Andrew and I decided to bike over to Francis Field on Washington University Campus, just North of the Seminary.  I was sooooo excited to visit this historic site of the Olympic games.  And to think that these games coincided with the World's Fair that was honored with the cake I had found the night before!  I got off my bike and just stood there looking through the fence for the longest time.  Athletes from around the globe had stood in this very spot!  So much history in one area!  I swear, if I hadn't been a music major, I clearly would have majored in history instead.  I took lots of pictures here because this was the Olympics! What better explanation did an Olympic nerd need except that?

Francis Field



 



No comments:

Post a Comment