Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cake 14- Grand Basin/Fair St. Louis

Found July 27, 2014

A good friend of mine visited me the evening of the 27th, and was impressed with the number of cakes I'd found in just two weeks of living here.  She was curious to see some of the cakes, so we decided to head over to Forest Park to see if we could collect a few more.


Since we hadn't moved here at the point when Fair Saint Louis took place, I had to do a bit of research about this one.  Since 1981, Fair Saint Louis has been a free fair for all St. Louisians to attend.  Usually it is held downtown, near the Arch and Riverfront, but this year, in honor of the 250th, the fair changed it's location to Forest Park near Art Hill and the Grand Basin.


I'm sad that I missed out on the fair this year, but looking forward to attending the celebration in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment